The Wayne Hospital Foundation was established to acquire and accept charitable gifts for Wayne Hospital, now Wayne HealthCare, in order to perpetuate and advance the highest quality of healthcare services at Wayne HealthCare and in Darke County.
The Foundation's Mission, simply put, is to assist Wayne HealthCare with extending the gift of life to all those in need, regardless of their ability to pay.
The Foundation is a separate, non-profit corporation, which is governed by a volunteer board of Directors, each of whom is a recognized leader in the communities Wayne HealthCare serves. The members donate their time, talents, expertise, insights, and financial support. Board members are responsible for ensuring the Foundation is an efficient, cost-effective organization that is fully accountable for the philanthropic funds entrusted to it.
The Foundation has one full-time staff member—the Executive Director—who performs many key functions necessary for its continued success:
• Managing the investment of charitable donations
• Acknowledging and cultivating donors
• Organizing special events to support various funds and programs
• Applying for grants from other foundations and/or corporations
• Approving requests and distributing funds for Wayne HealthCare programs and departments
• Educating the Darke County community about the Foundation and Wayne HealthCare's facilities and programs