Wayne Hospital Foundation Slider for Website
Health Care Services
The Wayne Hospital Foundation has announced a $1,000 scholarship available for a local area student pursuing a degree in the medical field.
The requirements for the scholarship are that the student is pursuing an advanced degree in the medical field and comes from Darke County or Union City, IN.
That means students pursuing a Nursing degree, Radiologist Tech degree; Physical Therapy degrees and similar vocations would be eligible for the scholarship. It also means students in medical school would also be eligible.
Eligibility for the scholarship is based on the following requirements:
· The applicant shall be of good character.
· The applicant must be a resident of Darke County, Union City, Indiana or employed by Wayne Healthcare.
· The applicant shall have fulfilled all matriculation requirements to an approved health care program before acceptance is given.
· A high school applicant shall stand in the upper third of her or his class scholastically in high school.
· Other applicants must have maintained an acceptable academic level.
Applications will be accepted no later than March 1st of the current year.
To receive an application, students should contact Karen Nichols at 937.547.5925.
The Wayne Hospital Foundation was established in 2007 to acquire and accept charitable gifts for Wayne Hospital, now Wayne HealthCare, in order to perpetuate and advance the highest quality of healthcare services at Wayne HealthCare and in Darke County.
The Foundation is a separate, non-profit corporation, which is governed by a volunteer board of Directors, each of whom is a recognized leader in the communities Wayne HealthCare serves. The members donate their time, talents, expertise, insights, and financial support. Board members are responsible for ensuring the Foundation is an efficient, cost-effective organization that is fully accountable for the philanthropic funds entrusted to it.