Health Information Management
- Understanding Your Health Record/Information
- Release of Information: Medical Records Request
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- Privacy and Security—Five Tips to Protect Your Personal Health Information
Health Information Management (HIM), also known as the Medical Records Department, is charged with custodial responsibilities for your medical record. The record contains important medical information and the details supporting your health evaluation/assessments, diagnoses, treatments or other care you received. The record serves as a valuable communication tool between our facility and your personal physician(s) and supports any continuing care you may need or desire.
Office hours are 7:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday–Friday and 7:00 am to 2:00 pm, Saturday. A completed release form signed by you (the patient) or by your legal guardian is required. You can get a release from the Health Information Management Department (Medical Records). Proper identification will be required to obtain the records.