Patients' Right to Privacy of Protected Health Information (PHI) Notice
This Notice serves to communicate with our patients that we will take all necessary means to protect and guard your protected health information (PHI). This is in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996; with particular reference to the Privacy Standards signed into law in December 2000 and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) 2009 and the Omnibus Rules (2013).
These actions include, but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Limiting the exchange of your Protected Health Information only to qualified parties or only with your consent, unless otherwise required by law.
- Having confidentiality disclosures on all faxes released to qualified parties.
- Screensavers and passwords on all patient demographics and software.
- A privacy protection contract with all business associates and their subcontractors (including reference labs and insurance companies).
- All physical areas containing medical information are locked and securable.
- An accounting of disclosures documenting each time your medical information is released and to whom it was released.
- Annual training of all Wayne HealthCare employees to assure compliance with the privacy and security regulations.
- The naming of Privacy and Security Officer for Wayne HealthCare (see below).
- Data protection, firewalls and back up plans with our software providers.
- In-house rules as to where/when Wayne HealthCare staff can discuss a patient’s account/status.
- All employees, interns and volunteers will agree to and sign a confidentiality statement with termination as a consequence of non-compliance.
What to do if you have concerns in regards to your protected health information:
Contact: Wayne HealthCare Director of HIM (937) 548-1141 ext 5953;
in their absence contact WHC Director of Regulatory Affairs at (937) 548-1141 ext 5918.