Health Information Management
Health Information Management (HIM), also known as the Medical Records Department, is charged with custodial responsibilities for your medical record. The record contains important medical information and the details supporting your health evaluation, assessments, diagnoses, treatments and other care you may have received. The record serves as a valuable communication tool between our facility and your physician.
Department hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday–Friday. A completed medical release form signed by the patient or legal guardian is required to recieve medial records. The release form is available in the Health Information Management Department. Proper identification will be required to obtain the records.
Understanding Your Health Record / Information
Each time you visit a hospital, physician, or other healthcare provider, a record of your visit is made. Typically, this record contains your symptoms, examination and test results, diagnosis, treatment, and a plan for future care or treatment. This information, which we refer to as your health record or medical record, is an essential part of the healthcare we provide for you. It serves as a:
- Basis for planning your care and treatment.
- Means of communication among the many health professionals who contribute to your care.
- Legal document describing the care you received.
- Means by which you or a third-party payer can verify that services billed were actually provided.
- Tool in educating health professionals.
- Source of data for medical research.
- Source of information for public health officials charged with improving the health of the nation.
- Source of data for facility planning and marketing tool with which we can assess and continually work to improve the care we render and the outcomes we achieve.