All members of the Wayne HealthCare team are committed to providing our patients with the best healthcare. This means that our doctors, nurses, administrators, allied-medical and non-medical staff, and volunteers all adhere to a core philosophy referred to as the “Wayne Way of Caring.”
It is this type of dedication that makes Wayne HealthCare a truly special environment for patient care. Our Wayne Way of Caring is especially evident in our Nurses Creed:
We at Wayne HealthCare believe…
- Nursing at Wayne HealthCare is an emerging, interdependent healthcare profession. Whether acting independently or collaboratively with physicians and other healthcare providers, our goal is to promote the full health potential of our patients by assuring optimal care.
- Each patient should be recognized as unique and is to be respected for having intrinsic value, with basic rights to be honored.
- Our patients are multi-faceted and require holistic treatment of the body, mind, and spirit.
- Nursing is a service to assist our patients in the maintenance of self-care and that each of them has the right to participate in the planning of his or her own care, and to establish personal goals. We see ourselves as patient advocates and case managers who ensure that the needs of our patients are met through collaboration and communication with other members of the healthcare team.
- Although nursing is a profession of caring, it is still a profession, and as such, we are obligated to abide by legal regulations. We are ethically responsible for our services rendered, including the strict adherence to privacy and confidentiality policies.
- We must promote our own departmental and professional progress through continuing education and advanced study/training to ensure our ability to stay at the forefront of evolving best practices and new approaches for superior patient care.